Saturday, August 29, 2015

Summer Blues

I miss my summertime plain and simple. Time with the family, no alarm clocks and of course, getting paid to relax. The last two months have come and gone. Our big guy is soon onto his 4th week of preschool. He dutifully made his first ever self portrait. Even with his "small eyes" as the artist stated it looks just like him holding a crayon. I love it and it almost made me cry. These days I am one big pile of sap when it comes to the amazing things my FBS (first born son) can do. Shake your head now if you've been there. 
Next we have one of three new house projects pictures below because apparently we have SO much time on our hands. Well, these projects have been on the "must do" list for a while now. I see it as laziness if we didn't get them done within this certain mental time frame I concocted. As you can see the new flooring in our son's bedroom is just about complete. According to Rob it will be done tomorrow. Don't worry I worked on some of that flooring too. Even made some horrible looking jigsaw cuts. Thank God for baseboards. Those wooden things around your floor seams for those of you still stuck on baseboards. 
Finally, before I pass out into my 5 hours of slumber. Yes, I said 5 hours. Gasp away. We have our youngest guy climbing the world while we throw pillows to cushion the fall. He is out of the crib these days and into the lazy boy. Literally he crawls out of the daybed/ crib in his room and plunks himself on the recliner that we have in the room so Mommy could nurse comfortably.  I have a pillow on the floor, he is just fine. I spent practically a fortnight in there trying for hours to get him to cash out in the daybed.  The ball is completely in his court. He is calling the shots. Tonight he turned on the floor light, checked out about 3 different books on the floor and then cashed out on that chair.  I love his independence, I wonder where the heck he gets it from?  Thanks for keeping me on my toes, Curly (and a new nickname ensues). Good Night. 

No comments: