Saturday, June 20, 2015

Schools Out for Summer

Reaching the end of my 3rd week of vacation. Time is passing quickly (reoccurring theme in my life) and like most teachers, I have started to think about next school year. I have done many things around the house. New ceiling in Preston's room no more 80's popcorn ceiling, two new sewing projects and purging old unused items.  This all with starting off this summer with a half marathon in San Diego and a visit from my mother in law. I stay in my pj's as long as I can, sleep in as much as a parent with little kids can and naps. Lots of naps. 
Zoo trips, play time, water time, Vet visits, Half Marathon, Dog Party and cute Father's Day Card (Preston did at school).  We even put up our own growth chart in the living room. Everyone got measured except the animals. They are next. Pretty busy but still enough time to lounge around and relax which is what a true vacation is all about. I do know today is Saturday. Why? Because Rob is doing laundry otherwise I would think it was Thursday. Days of the week are arbitrary to a teacher on summer break. 
On to more vacation time..

No comments: