Friday, April 18, 2014

Keeping Busy



Preston snacking on turkey and a capri sun while enjoying Scott's 3rd Birthday party in the park.  He has been to this park before and his favorite part is running across the grass to the man made lake to watch the ducks.  This time we brought them some bread to enjoy.  Preston loves throwing the bread out and watching them dive and attack the crumbs.  The giant playground and birthday cake was secondary to our favorite big brother.

We have been trying to keep busy as a family ever since the passing of Manchu.  To be honest, it's been quite difficult to come home and not see my little Manchu running around the house and snuggling up with me at night.  A couple weekends ago we decided to escape and retreat to the lake for the day.  We got in the car and drove off to Bartlett Lake.  I think Preston was in shock that we could get to a body of water that quickly.  Drive out until you only see desert then over and around some turns and hills then water appears, boats and a dock.  Arizona is funny that way I guess.

Logan at the birthday party
I have gone and joined Instagram, the newest photo sharing social media that even President Obama recently joined. Apparently he heard that I finally broke down and started photo sharing.  It's different that Facebook and if you are a photo person then it'll be right up your alley.  It's not as time consuming as Facebook is.  There are days when I just don't have time to search Facebook and I find myself off it for days.  It's overwhelming at times.  Ok, got sidetracked.

Here is a photo that I recently added to Instagram.  Preston giving me one of his famous smirk faces.  The morning is one of his peak times for being silly.  I think he might be a morning person which is fine with me and except on Saturday mornings when I want to get a little more shut eye. I can't be mad for long that face and the things he says these days just crack me up!  
So what does a full time teacher and full time mother do with her two small children after work?  Stick them in a playpen!  This was only partly my doing.  We have the playpen out in kitchen one moment, outside or in the front hallway for Logan.  Preston, of course, wants to be part of the playpen experience.  He climbs in and very frequently places in there with Logan.  To have two young kids happily playing together in one small area is like finding gold.  You stare at it for a bit, amazed and then you get just happy and content.  They can last in there close to 20 minutes. Twenty minutes for mommy to have a little down time after work is worth its weight in gold.

Logan is now 7 months old!  This little guy, although he isn't crawling,  gets around like lightening.  One moment he is on the carpet playing on his back the next moment he is down the hallway going after Preston.  Watch out for when this guy decides to crawl.  He is practically pulling himself up on me and the couches.  He stares at food with determination and had a super duper appetite.  I think I better start saving now for the food this child will consume in 10 years.  If he is anything like his father we are in for it.  He has tried just about every type of food.  He loves it all!  He keeps opening his mouth and wanting more.
We had to go out and buy a new high chair.  The Arizona sun in the space above our garage took the life out of the plastic on our last one.  He enjoys the high chair and it's one of those interchangeable deals that we can use as a booster later. We also got a bouncy for Logan too.  He wants to bounce in our hands and loves to move.  He enjoys it so far but not as much as Preston did at this age.  Preston could stay in the bounce for 45 minutes or longer.  No wonder the springs broke 3 times.

My last bit of good news is that it appears that Logan is getting two top teeth!  7 months and 12 days old, I new that he would get teeth sooner than Preston.  He started the drooling and gnawing early.  I have to watch them come in but again different than Preston.  Preston got his two bottoms cut first which I believe is the most common. A new adventure for Logan and for us.  Happy Good Friday & Happy Easter!



No comments: