Monday, March 24, 2014

Manchu A. H. Naylor 2005-2014


February 2006
It is with a very heavy heart that we had to say goodbye to our precious Manchu this weekend.  A sudden illness, that we thought would resolve itself in a couple days, unfortunately shortened Manchu's time with us here on this earth.  We are all numb with sorrow and can only take solace in the fact that he is not suffering and that Preston is unaffected by this tragic loss.

Most of you recall we lost our 17 year old, Zeppy 6 months ago, days before Logan was born.  Zeppy had a long standing, full life.  Even though Manchu wasn't too young, he was taken from us prematurely and our family will miss him terribly.  It is a different feeling when you lose a family pet.  For me Manchu was around me all of the time, following me, sleeping in the bed, he was everywhere I was; a piece of me is missing.
  
 
Over the last couple days I keep remembering the first moment I saw Manchu.  He was in a litter of 5 or 6 other dogs that looked nothing like him.  All of his brothers and sisters were black and white, some were even long haired.  Originally, I was there to look at one of his siblings.  The owner had taken them out and let them all play in the back of her truck while I got to know each of them.  Almost all of the puppies were jumping up and down excited to greet me.  But then I saw him.  This small brown, calm puppy all curled up in the corner of the bed of the truck.  I went straight to this little guy.  He lifted his head and looked at me and I knew he belonged to me.  He proceeded to stand up and sniff me continuing with his calm, timid demeanor.  He let me pick him up, I held him and didn't let go.  I always joked saying that he was brown and I was brown. We matched and it was meant to be.

He got along with Zeppy just fine and when Ruger came into the picture they became best friends.  Manchu would groom Ruger almost daily.  Preston loved watching Ruger and Manchu run around and play around with each other.  Logan enjoyed it when he would be in my lap and Manchu would come up and snuggle in right next to him.  It was great seeing Manchu give the kids as much joy as he brought to me everyday.   I have hundreds of pictures of our many adventures together.  I wish I could share them all.  I will continue to keep every one of those great memories alive in my heart.  
       
January 2014 

Rest in Peace Manchu

Sorrow comes in great waves..but it rolls over us, and although it may almost smother us it leaves us on the spot and we know that if it is strong, we are stronger, inasmuch as it passes and we remain.

~H. James

No comments: