Saturday, January 18, 2014

Being Brothers

 Why is it that the second week back to work was more exhausting than the first week?  Doesn't make sense at all, I know.  Friday Rob sends me this picture of Preston getting cozy in the fire pit outside in the backyard.  Mr. P hasn't really been napping lately, more like playing quietly in his room and wanting out 40 minutes later.  Apparently, he wants to switch it up and sleep outside, by all means I say let him!  It if gives Daddy a break.  Although, we have been having some extra hands around the house.

Grandma Joyce's stay has been wonderful!  She is cooking up a storm for us.  She is loving the company of her grandsons, getting to know them and play, play, play.  I think her favorite is pushing Logan in the stroller outside while Preston plays in the yard.  I guess Logan even took a nap in the stroller a couple of times.  We went for a walk today which turned into a run-fest for Preston.  He wanted to take off and literally run down the sideways.  I had my running shoes on luckily, because he took off!  He says "I just want to run!".  It made me work up an appetite that's for sure.
 Preston enjoys lying down with his brother.  If Logan gets changed on the floor he wants to get changed on the floor.  This picture is one of my favorites.  First off they were so quiet laying together, every couple of seconds Preston would stop and kiss Logan and Logan would turn, laugh and smile so big at his brother.  These are the moments...the moments that no tantrum, tough day or long night can erase.  This image it etched into my memory forever.  My sons learning to be brothers, friends and buds for life.

Rob got a haircut from his mom this week.  I was going to hold out until she arrived so she could cut Preston's hair but we had to get it trimmed before his birthday.  I loved how the lady combed it to the side.  He looks like he should be standing in line for his school pictures.  He has been doing really well for haircuts and even was excited to get one.  The hairs were tickling the inside of his ears tough, it was time.  
I am excited to enjoy the last couple days of the long MLK weekend with my mother in law while she is still in town.  I am looking forward to a short work week.  Logan and Preston recently had their well visits and they are practically 20 pounds difference in weight.  Preston tops out with 35 lbs!  Logan is 15.5 lbs!  Both in good standing per the doctor visit last week.  Logan is long for his age and in the 68th percentile and fitting into 6 month clothes.  I have a feeling he will be working his way to 9 months sooner than we would like.  Go Logan!  I see him staring at us eating, walking and sitting up.  He is rolling over from belly to back and almost has the back to belly thing going for him, it's only a matter of time.

We even escaped to the zoo to see Zoo Lights before they closed for the season.  Preston was loving every minute but so was Logan, his eyes were open most of the evening.  He stared long and hard at those lights.  Then during the music and light show his head was zooming left and right where the lights went in time with the music.  It was awesome!  Both boys slept hard that night, Logan 9 solids hours!

We had lots of fun!  Next week we will be transitioning Logan to his crib now that all our 2014 New Year guest are through visiting.  Hopefully it will be nice and smooth and he will like his hand-me-down bedroom.  Oops which reminds me, I have to get wooden letters for his name, just like we had for Preston. Putting that on the do immediately to do list; just under getting stamps for the thank you cards for the birthday gifts. Day and a life of teacher mommy of two...never a dull moment.

No comments: