Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Big Five

Logan's First Bumbo Experience
Just completed my first parent teacher conference night of the year.  I had missed the first round due to some adorable little guys arrival.  I had a record 8 sets of parents.  It's a record that I could only achieve after 10 years of teaching I suppose.  The midterms that I made and sent to K-3 teachers.  It seems that the little kid parents are far more concerned about grades than the older kid ones.  Now I won't be sitting for 7 hours over lesson planning, over organizing and over creating projects for next year.

This was his first time sitting in the bumbo and he loves it! Preston enjoys sitting in it too and believe it or not he fits in. I started a mini photo session the night before Logan's big 5 month "birthday".  Preston had to be part of the session and he even got in the chair after Logan had finished to have his picture taken.  Preston was making face after face.  His repertoire starts like this.  Wide eye, Angry face, Wink, Big teeth and his newest addition...Zombie face.  
Happiest 5 month old Ever!
Preston posing for his picture
 These guys crack me up!  We had so much fun.  Preston talks a mile a minute and Logan laughs at just about everything...smiling is his favorite.  We just went to Hobby Lobby and got wall letters for Logan and we will officially be moving Logan into his room, out of our bedroom.  This event has been slightly delayed because of our new years house guests a.k.a. Grandma-nuary and getting back into the swing of things after their departure.  Quick as a blink it's February, almost Valentine's Day and it's time for a new adventure for Logan.  He isn't sleeping through the night as much anymore but he is ready to start some sleep training and it's easier for him to be in his own room for that.
Preston playing at the Birthday party at the park
Preston and Allison (w/ her mommy Nancy)
Earlier last month Preston, Logan and myself attended Allison's 1st Birthday in the park.  It was great to see Allison and her mommy and daddy.  They most recently moved to California but decided to let us shower Allison with gifts by having a big party for her here in Arizona.  She is getting so big and of course, Preston had to "help" with the gifts.  This was all shortly after Preston's big Birthday party so he was  still in the gifts, gifts, gifts mode.  Yes, that is Christmas wrapping paper courtesy of us, the Naylor's.  A huge fopaux on my part but I was travelling 40 miles with two kids solo, at least that was my excuse anyhow.  It was funny because the rest of the party Preston was taking off way across the park to a man made lake where there were all these ducks.  Thankfully my friends helped, especially Matt and Mike, they were running after Preston for me while I took care of Logan.  It's tough without Daddy around.  I was worn out by the end of that party I think we all came home and napped.

Five more weeks until March's Spring Break. I think I can make it!  The school year is starting to wind down and I get to enjoy the first summer with my family of TWO handsome boys!  

No comments: