Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sponge Bob Birthday!

If someone told me 10 years ago I would have a three year old and a 4 month old at the beginning of 2014 I would have said you are crazy!  It's reality and here Rob and I raising two wonderful, sweet and fun little boys.  Christmas and Preston's 3rd Birthday was so much fun but it seemed come and go in a minute.  On top of that we had Grandma came for a visit to help celebrate the birthday event.  It was great seeing Grandma dote all over our guys, eat take out food and enjoy great holiday weather in Arizona (70's).

Sponge Bob Homemade Cake
Preston loved his party, I made his cake (I was determined) and we even had a bounce house!  I figured we invited enough young kids that it would get used and BOY DID IT EVER!  I agree with my mother that the kids would have gone bonkers if the bounce house wasn't there to blow off young steam and all that sugar from the cake and treats.

Best moments: When all the guests sang happy birthday and Preston buried his head in my shoulder with embarrassment such a precious, sweet moment I won't ever forget.  Preston also ate the eyes off the Sponge Bob cake, even got photo documentation of it, which I will cherish always.  Lastly, when all the guests had left and Preston was just playing with his toys the bouncy company came to take the bouncy away.  Keep in mind Preston didn't step one foot in the bouncy.  He loved watching the guy deflate the "sand castle" as exclaimed to the him that he bounced on the bouncy.  The man was shocked because usually the birthday boy is screaming and crying about the bouncy going away and our 3 year old is just fascinated with its dismantling.  Gotta love our guy!
Toddler Bounce House...best $60 ever spent

I was so pleased with the outcome of the party.  I loved that so many people came out to celebrate Preston and his special day.  The food was great!  I have yummy leftovers that I can take to work with me and most importantly Preston was grinning ear to ear almost the whole time!  He even tells strangers about his "sand castle" and party, in addition to telling people about Christmas coming.  I loved seeing him enjoy it and it was worth every long night and constant planning.

I am back at work, busy as ever.  There is a teacher part of me excited to get into new project with the kids but my mind and heart are mostly wanting to be home with my two boys.  These times are so precious and few.  I can't believe Logan is 4 months old now.  I will turn around and I
will be starting him on solid foods.  Then they seems to sprout like wildfire after that.  On the other hand, even though it makes for a long day, my favorite moment is coming home and seeing Preston go on and on about his day with Daddy.  Then I get to hold my sweet angel Logan, who is one of the happiest babies ever.  I swear he laughs at everything.  Preston is constantly trying to entertain, snuggling and now loves to do "tummy time" on his new playmat with him.

I am feeling good, our family here is healthy ready for the year 2014 with two boys, two dogs and newest member of our family Rambo.  An adorable brown tabby that needed to be re-homed.  He is really loving, loves to snuggle and cuddle.  He fits nicely in a family that was missing a cat in the house.  Zeppy, by no means can be replaced, but when I heard about Rambo I couldn't resist.  Here is Rambo hanging out with me New Years Eve.  I was solo bringing in the new year with a 14 year old feline, drinking my second glass of wine since the baby arrived.  We had a good time watching the ball drop.
Food Table, with Grandma feeding Logan in the background
Happy 2014!  Here are some more pictures from the party showing off the food spread and Preston enjoying his day.
Birthday Boy with party-goers (Kyle & Scott) and lots of toys

No comments: