We started early and headed off to the Scottsdale Railroad Park, a fun kids park that was packed with every mother and child on a Friday morn. The weather was very cooperative so I wasn't surprised that everyone wanted to enjoy the 80 degree fall weather. Yes, that's our fall temperature in the desert, people. Logan's first major outing since he was born and on his third week of life, no less, to experience the railroad park with his mother, father, grandmother and brother.
| Preston on the train |
Our first stop was the railroad train. An open seated mini train that Preston absolutely LOVES! He proudly dons his Cape Cod Mass t-shirt while enjoying the ride sitting all by himself (no lap) this time. I think even Grandma liked it too. Logan slept through it all; the clanking, train horns blowing, kids laughing and screaming what a trooper.
After a carousel ride that Preston still isn't quite hip too yet we visited the railroad museum display. A huge room dedicated to showing off true trains"manship", another one of Preston's favorites.
I do believe Grandma was pretty impressed. I know my father would have loved that display.
| Grandma and Preston |
We are now home for the day, two-thirds of the house are asleep and I'm enjoying the silence once again. Grandma will sadly be leaving us soon to fly back to Boston. I can't believe a whole month has come and gone just like that. She was such a huge help to us and it was great for her to be here again to welcome her second grandson to the world. I am happy she was able to be here for my birthday last week. I got some great gifts from her even though Preston kept saying it was his birthday. We sure did like the homemade marble cake she made...yummy! Thanks again Mamabear for making it all great!

No comments:
Post a Comment