Here is our newest Naylor still in the womb. We have had several ultrasounds since but this one is by far the best. I think we only got an ear and foot the last time. Apparently this child is taking after his father, doesn't like to pose for the camera. Nevertheless, we got this to hold us out until his big arrival.
Speaking of which his arrival couldn't come any faster. Walking around the school hallways, in class and outside (ugh) for bus duty is getting pretty darn difficult. I am currently 2 cm, his head is down and I have been having lots of real contractions. I receive some type of monitoring two days every week now. Hearing and seeing our newest addition gives me SO much stress relief.
Everyone at work is very sensitive to the fact that I am close to the inevitable. There are several "bets" that I don't last until September 10th. All the veteran mothers feel my pain. They tend to have quick conversations about their experiences with me in the hallway. Most of the students are fully aware of my status except for the little ones. Some of them are still figuring it out now. In the middle of an intro to painting a 1st grader blurts out "are you pregnant?";like he had been holding it in forever. It was the most random thing yet it gave me the laugh that I needed to get through the rest of the day.
The Naylor Family is ready to get the show on the road. We have everything's set for his arrival and I think we are all just anxious to get is started. We can't wait to see Preston's first visceral reactions to his younger brother and see how the animals realize they are outnumbered by people in the house. All that "newness" is so exciting, recalling back when Preston was that small and experiencing it all again, we are ready!
Two weeks and 3 days left but who is counting.

No comments:
Post a Comment