Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Zeppy A.H. Naylor 1996-2013

He was a crazy and wild kitty back in the day.  I almost always had a number of scratches to prove it.  One time he got out of my apartment and jumped from the 2nd floor all the way to the grassy area below, a good distance.  I think he lost one of his nine lives that day.  Yesterday all of Zeppy's nine lives caught up with him and we had to let him go.  

He wasn't himself for several days.  My logic knew what the doctor said a year ago about his failing kidneys had finally taken over him.  My emotions tried to write it off as something Zeppy will pass with a quick vet visit and he can go back to licking our beagle, Ruger's, head, sleeping next to Rob every night and enjoying his tuna on special occasions.
Yesterday was very emotional for me, of course but also for Rob who over the last 7 years developed a relationship that I had never seen between Zeppy and another guy before.  Rob was like a cat whisperer for Zeppy.  He took to him very quickly and trusted him after what seemed like such a short while.  Even though Rob hated to clean up after him he loved him just as much as I did.

For those of you who knew.  I got Zeppy during a critical time in my life. I needed a furry face to make me feel better.  Zeppy continued to be there for me through everything that followed there after.  He never ran away, always comforted me and he really was like a part of my family here in Arizona.  It's truly a loss for me, deep and profound.  He was with me for half my lifetime.  No cat can or ever will compare to my dearest furry boy Zep.

Rest in Peace Zeppy



No comments: