Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Ham at Home

Like most kids you feel the most comfortable at home.  Needless to say our little man enjoys it a little too much.  A goofball at heart, loves to laugh and make people chuckle.  I think I may have started the ball rolling on this one by showing him how to alter each hand position but this is the one that he favors when you say "pose".   He even likes me taking multiple picture of him to look at on my phone later.

We went to the zoo again this past weekend.  It was "Christmas in July" and they had snow and practically half of the state of Arizona was there to play in it.  The parking "gods" were watching over us luckily and we didn't have far walk at all.  When I saw the snow, this former native of New England, had to giggle at the half dozen or so piles strune across a grass patch.   Preston wanted no part in it, not surprised.  He wasn't even jazzed at the fact that there was a fire truck, in the flesh, right next to the Arizona snow.

We pressed on and found ourselves hot, sweaty but in line to feed the giraffes!  Something we missed last trip because well, it was getting too darn hot.  When Preston saw what he was in line for he was overly anxious to get himself up closer.  If I didn't hold him he would have been right up there in seconds.  He didn't quite know what to think when the zoo keeper wanted him to feed his new long necked friend.  He got shy, unlike the giraffes who were happy to eat the lettuce and food bits right out of my hand.  The one to the left was 2 years old practically the same age as Preston.  We had fun but my arms were singing after holding him for so long.  My guy was happy to get back in the stroller and get pushed around the zoo, thankfully.

Preston is an outdoors type of guy.  He escapes into the back yard pretty much every chance he gets.  The last couple days have been discovering various uses for colored chalk.  One day it's stuffing it in any hole he can possibly find, today water experimentation; floating, submerging, color mixing.  It's hot outside so I'm out there spraying my now 8 month pregnant self with refrigerated water from a spray bottle.  Preston hates getting sprayed, hopefully a phase he will outgrow because he is dripping in sweat by the end of his playtime and I practically force him to drink water like a fish when he gets through with it all.

Lastly, we still do entertain ourselves with an occasional trip to the mall train which never ceases to fail us.  He picks this blue train car almost instantly, sits down and slaps this grin on his face when he hears the "all aboard" from the conductor.  I love that such a turn of the century mode of transportation still, even in these technological times, can be a huge source of enjoyment for our new millennium little man.  His hands are facing up in a weird position because they were covered in stickiness from his tootsie pop.  About 10 seconds later, after the train started to make it's way around the mall, he was saying "sticky, sticky" over and over again until I got the wipes out.    He had to make sure he got on his train first before worrying about cleanliness.

As of tomorrow night I won't be worrying about sticky anything because Rob graciously has given me the best gift a husband can give his wife.  A solo mommy mini break; a nights stay at his Westin Keirland Resort where I can sleep in, have breakfast in bed, soak myself in the pool and enjoy my final days of vacation without child nor pet interruption.  I am even squeezing in a massage that evening just after I check in for my night away. I can almost taste the blissful moments right now.   This is my first night EVER away from Preston believe it or not. I won't really be alone Baby Naylor 2.0 movements will keep me company.

No comments: