Sunday, June 23, 2013

Second Plant from the Sun

Our goal next week is to escape the desert dry heat and head to New England. Flying at 28 weeks of pregnancy should be interesting.  I got flying do's and don't from my MD and Rob will be co pilot going east and my BFF Tara (aka my maid of honor) will be traveling back to Arizona with me.   I used to get utterly exhausted by the time my flight arrived back to Zona.  Now I totally understand why.  I am medicated and I have help & I thinking it will be even easier than before, minus the fact my belly is the size of medicine ball.

Baby Face in my Belly
Baby doctor says Wee Thing is growing very well and predicted in the 70% of weight at this juncture of my pregnancy.  She also made the terrifying comment of "this one may be bigger than your last".  I asked "how big?", I quickly and saw her mouth form the word EIGHT just after she said high 7's.  Lets put that out of our line of thinking for right now, at least that is what I was whispering to my pregnant brain over and over in the car going home.  Bottom line Wee Thing is looking good courtesy of the 15 minute ultrasound where we got a good 3D head shot.   I think there is a little doggie face there next to him, I'm just saying.  If you can't see it right away it's okay it really took me two full minutes.  The other picture, not posted) is a lot more alien.  This baby is just like his father a mover, a shaker and hates getting his pictures taken.

Four horizontal stripes on two of the four walls
I started on the process of making our guest room into Preston's new big boy room.  Baby Naylor 2.0 will be taking Preston's old baby room after he gets to sleeping through the night.  I thought it was only fair that the oldest get the bigger room.  There was an off earth tone green that was on the wall previous to my new color creation.  I wanted to go with colors that weren't too "kid" for something he could grow into.  I will finish before we come out for our visit.  I am determined plus, I could paint rooms for a living I love it so much.

Tossing football poolside
In addition to home improvement I have been consistently going out to lunch with my working friends, organizing the house and visiting people with pools.  We will have some swim lessons when Preston gets back but the more pool exposure the better.  He isn't that keen on the idea yet.  Still clutches on for dear life.  He loves playing around a pool eating, drinking and playing with people in the water.  My co-worker had a birthday party for her dog and we turned it into a pool day for me while Preston enjoyed staying dry.  We even visited our friends from out of town at a pool party yesterday and again he wasn't down for the chilly pool water.  He knows that we are going to the beach too.  He has been asking almost every day this week.  He just asked right now as I was typing about it.  Amazing.  Hope he knows we will be going in the water there too.

Wish us luck on the flights and traveling, I'm hoping we don't need it but just in case.






No comments: