Sunday, May 19, 2013

"Go in the Car, Go to the House"

The work days are numbered, I am making plans for summer break and just happy to be feeling better.  Here my two favorite guys that honestly made me see the happier sides of my bad days.  Preston's big thing these days is "the house". He say the very words that this post is titled.  Yes, McDonald's.  He isn't particularly craving the cuisine but the playhouse that entertains him every time he goes is on his menu.  When Nana was here we brought Preston for his first visit and some lunch he was so timid and just observed the entire time.  It was so precious.
The second visit was still observation but he was a tab more curious.  Visit three was above all the most exciting because he watched a little girl no bigger than he was scale the playhouse quicker than a jackrabbit.  After she left and he had the "house" to himself he was in and up so quick I could barely get my phone out in time to capture it for posterity.  I couldn't quite make out the look on his face. Disbelief? Defiance? Fear?Disappointment? Maybe a mixture of all of them.  Rob took him the other day because I desperately needed some sleep and Daddy went in with him.  Gotta love Daddy!  Maybe he wanted me to do the same.
He is a great kid, good eater, loves a bath and still takes his nap.  Preston now, again finally, started sleeping later.  When Nana was here it was 5 or 6 AM! He has, thankfully, gone back to his 830 or 9AM rise time.  On the weekends I know how tough it is to get up so early when you don't have to, no Nana to entertain him & start breakfast.


Preston and Rob pictures are my favorite!  The first one is professional picture taken by Live Loved Photography.  One of my favorites!  The professional ones are from the first of the year right before my health got really bad.  Now I am feeling better I can appreciate them.  The next is a silhouette picture that I plan to take more of in the future.  If I can get a series of these while Preston grows up it would be a beautiful & sentimental piece. Gotta put that in the permanent memory file, in my currently forgetful pregnancy brain.

7 more work days and honestly I only see the kids 2 more times with their specials schedule so, my year is basically over.  Rob is going to come in and help me clean my room.  I can't do it all by myself this year, no way.  It would take me 3 weeks.  Gotta love my hubby, to take his day off to help his wife to clean. I quote Salt n' Pepa "whatta man, whatta man, whatta man whatta mighty good man. Now say it again now!"

No comments: