Saturday, November 3, 2012

Amazing Moment

Looking at this little boys face, big brown eyes and impish grin; a sigh and I become infinitely blessed that this child is ours.

Tonight was truly an amazing night! We started our normal bedtime routine as usual; brushing teeth, PJ's and book time. I pulled out one that I hadn't read in a long time and was secretly one of favorites because it has the alphabet in a new, fresh way.

We started the cover page and then after the first letter Preston repeated the letter "A". I have heard him say this before so it wasn't out of the ordinary. Then the "B", then the "C". I continued to read as normal and the letters just kept coming. He skipped "F" but continued with "G" (gee) and skipped "H" then screamed out "I" before I even read the page out loud. I was shocked and excited but I didn't want him to lose his flow, I continued. The letter K was his next loudest which made me smile even more. "M" and "N" sounded the same, almost like two "N's". He kept on with only a little bit of encouragement at "Q" and he said "double" for "W" even before the "V" I was so proud I could barely hold it together. Didn't get an "X" but it didn't matter and then "Z"!!!!!!

I read him his favorite rhyming book afterwards and then put that little smarty pants to bed. It sure beat last night when he woke up at midnight teething and was up for two hours. The rough nights are far more overshadowed by nights like tonight.
Ooh what a night...

No comments: