 |
| Ahw Shucks....corn |
To end the last couple days of my vacation I had a bee in my bonnet to get Preston to a pumpkin patch. I had several places in mind in the valley and this place in Glendale got my attention,
Tolmachoff Farm, about 20 minutes away from our house.
There wasn't a line at 10 am and they had just about everything to amuse us for the next 2 or 3 hours before Preston's nap time. A petting zoo, corn maze, bounce houses, kid train ride and yummy kettle corn were there for us to enjoy.
Preston even found these areas where you could let little ones play in the corn kernels. He was hesitant at first but then started to enjoy it. Behind him there were 3 wooden houses with pigs in front of them. They were each painted to look like the brick, wood and straw houses of the Three Little Pigs.
 |
| My little pumpkin and I |
It finally cooled down here in Phoenix and I don't think the temperature hit above 80 that day. It was gorgeous out! Preston being a walker, loved walking around the grounds of the farm. We even found this huge pumpkin optimal for a photo op, I couldn't resist. Preston wanted to get down and wander some more. We got to pet pigs, ponies, goats, chicks and so many more. There were TONS of little kids so Preston was right at home. There even was a tomato launcher contraption with targets for you to shoot at but Rob didn't want to take a shot. Boo :(
 |
| Field of Pumpkins |
We walked around every part of the farm and saw all that we could see. We even went in the corn maze, again catering to the walking appetite of our toddler. We ended the day with this train ride around the pumpkin patch, just Preston and I. It was a little bumpy but Preston stuck it out and enjoyed himself. He was asking for daddy at the end of our turn. It was a great time! I think Rob and I had more fun watching Preston try out these new things for the first time. Like seeing things for the first time. Preston wasn't a fan of petting the animals but he sure liked watching them, no hugs for the livestock though.
This place is now on our "must see" list for every fall season. We could get a good five more years out of that place for sure. If you check out the website they have a huge corn maze, fireworks and s'mores by the fireside. Loads of Fun! I also bought pumpkins to carve out next weekend. Let the halloween season fun begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment