Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Desert Wall

Relaxing
  Remodeling with a 21 month old isn't as easy as one might think.  Especially when all of the work is being done in the area where the toddler usually roams.  This is now Day 7 of the two day remodel of the dead wall splitting our kitchen and living room area.  The contractor we hired, probably like most, was slightly backed up with other unfinished jobs so instead of a two day job we are just a day away from being complete. 

  Preston is saying new words every single day.  Water, Bobby (a new stem from saying Bob), bike, bean, big car and several others I can't even remember them now.  He mimics almost everything that he hears.  A scream on the t.v. tonight for instance.  We heard it, then came the same noise from Preston.  Hilarious!  I can't wait until this little guy starts forming those sentences!  It's going to be so exciting to see what comes out of his mouth next.  I probably won't be able to get him to keep quiet. 

  I came home to see Preston and the dogs blocked out of the living room and given free reign of all the bedrooms.  The other night we put on the movie Flushed Away, one of those cute clay animation flics.  Rob like to see Preston sitting down in a chair.  We were able to catch him in it this time.  Normally he is out in 5 minutes.  This time 20 minutes in the chair, Rob was pleased. 

Wood frame is in
  Speaking of pleased, I am about 90% through with my stupid cold.  Once this thing is completely gone I am wearing a mask and gloves every day.  I am starting to understand the weird Michael Jackson habit of going out with a hospital garb on all the time.  Germs are my enemy, I need to do more to protect myself from catching them. 

I have been having some very interesting kindergarten stories lately.  Some that would shot the heck out of the average person. I won't go into detail but at risk of sounding old..."kids these days"?  I am amazed and appalled at what tiny little 5 and 6 year old children are capable of.  The more time goes by the stranger this job becomes.  When a kindergartner thinks putting their middle finger up at kids is okay something has gone amiss.  


Nice and smooth plaster
  I will be on a much needed Fall Break next week and you will see pictures of Nana enjoying her grandson again soon.  We are looking forward to celebrating her birthday here on Saturday too.  Wednesday, Thursday and Friday can't come any faster.  Times a wastin'.


No comments: