Saturday, September 22, 2012

Snip, Snip, Snip


Not quite sure what's happening here...
Even in my sickly state I had a confirmed a hair appointment for our boy that was long overdue.  We had lost track of Preston's eyebrows for almost 2 weeks now and today was the day to find them again.  He looked slightly regal stacked high up on pillows and a booster.  Preston loved looking at his reflection and making sense of the large black cape that covered his entire body.  We tried toys and food to keep him from getting antsy.  We didn't stay in the chair long, I ended up holding him while Nancy completed his second professional haircut.  No tears, it was a success and we get to see those eyebrows again. Thanks to Nancy our friend and stylist.  
So fresh and So clean


I noticed that his orange and white plaid shirt is a tad bit tight for our 20 month year old.  Low and behold the tag says 18 months.  A combination of drying and growth have contributed to the demise of this shirt.  I swear this kid has to be 30 pounds at least.  Time to do another clearing out of the closet.  Mamabear will be here in a couple weeks to help us out with that.  We are looking forward to Nana's return to the desert.

My birthday celebration consisted of half of a work day, doctor's appointments and dvd watching.  Apparently my immune system is still on summer vacation and isn't cooperating in the slightest.  The chest x-ray showed no signs of pneumonia and I am still waiting on blood test results.  I have been taking sudafed, throat spray, throat lozenges, advil and 3 boxes of tissues to aid in my recovery.  Keep me in your thoughts this week and send healthy vibes and prayers my way.  I need to shake this!  Rob got me a double chocolate blizzard ice cream cake (which felt so good on my throat), a beautifully sentimental card and the box set of Sex in the City which has forced me into couch recovery duty.  We will have to dine out another time in the near future.    Time for some more recovery.  


No comments: