Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 2nd 4th of July

July 4th outfit
There is nothing like a good old fashion BBQ on Independence Day, apart from the rainy day in the desert.  We desperately needed the rain, the holiday was probably not the best day for it to arrive.  After some burgers, meat & cheese and cheesecake Preston was ready to experience his official 2nd pool experience.  The rain had cleared enough for us to take a dip but Preston was a little unsure of the large bathtub I was placing him in.  Daddy finally got in the water and Preston was a little more at ease.  We tried a little splashing and playing around in the water but Preston really wasn't feeling in the mood for it.  Little Scott is a natural in the water kicking, dunking and jumping into the pool yet Preston still didn't take a liking to it.  Maybe another day.

Once the pool challenge was out of the way, we changed him into his 4th of July best.  Daddy was unaware that he put Preston's shoes on wrong.  I turned around to see him walking quite awkwardly towards me.  I looked at his feet and it was clear he had them on the wrong foot.  His duck-like walk pretty much tripped him up with each step.  It got a good laugh out of me.  Poor Daddy was only trying to help. 

"B....all"
Preston hadn't had his nap yet and we could tell we were coming close to the last wind of energy.  In the car I found one of his favorites, a ball.  He loves saying ball and at random times will just ramble out the word, over and over again.  I managed to catch a picture of him in mid-syllable (B).  It almost looks like he is about to laugh. 

I almost forgot to share with you the cute 4th of July idea I got, again, from Pinterest.  I don't have the link this time but it was something so simple I didn't need it.  It was almost like my kitchen was telling me to do this festive treat.  I have been tossing around this small unopened box of cookie cutters from one drawer to the next.  It was almost a hassle when I was shuffling through them to find a teaspoon or measuring cup.  When I saw a picture of the watermelon/blueberry combo I knew that the cookie cutters had a purpose this time. 
Independence Day Stars
Finally, earlier this week I was sifting through some clothes in Preston's closet.  I found this gem that my mother had saved for the past 30 plus years.  It was an outfit that my brother had worn when he was young.  Mom had stored, saved and washed it for just this moment.  When I saw it I knew that Preston would be able to wear it well.  He was actually happy when I put it on him.  He flashed this big boy smile at me when we got into the living room.  Even though his hair isn't brushed, it is bottom line one of the cutest pictures I have of him to date.  It almost makes me tear up looking at it.  He is such a big boy, standing on my yoga mat flashing that teethy grin. 

Happy 4th of July!  We have some fireworks to see tonight, the clouds have parted and it looks like we can actually enjoy them.
Uncle Jon's old digs

No comments: