Preston, Mum & I work our way up into the TV room after dinner every night. Preston acquired a new Teddy friend from one of the bedroom's decor and developed a fascination with the corner of the room at night. Preston carefully placed Teddy down and proceeded to sit right next to him like they were both waiting for a bus. Another classic Preston move while enjoying his visit with Nana back home here in Andover.
Preston can't get enough of the backyard, he has walked around the outside of the house at least 5 times and the weather has been so accommodating for his ventures. I am highly impressed. I have seen blue sky for 2 days straight. We got to visit with the Coco boys today. Of course, I was unable to take pictures because we were running around after the kids the whole time; it's close to impossible to capture the moments on "film" so to speak. I love spending time with Eileen & Dave's adorable family.
The Cape is calling our names, apparently we will be seeing the Cape house sooner rather than later. I can't wait to get Preston on the beach, sand between his toes and baptize him in the Atlantic a little. Of course, some sand castles, School House ice cream and clam chowdah will be on the list of "to do's" as well. I hope the weather continues to cooperate for the remainder of the trip out east.
Finally, I want to share with you a few choice words about our flight out to Boston.
Sheer Insanity!
I now have the compelling evidence, I have been on the "other" side and the verdict is in...traveling ALONE with an active, walking toddler is like juggling slippery, expensive china with your eyes blindfolded while walking a tightrope smack dab in the middle of a tiny bigtop. A gift I wouldn't share with my worst enemy. After a broken portable DVD player (33 mins in and it dies on me), 4 trips running (yes full on running) up and down the aisle and 20 long minutes screaming bloody murder Preston blessed me with a nap. Granted it was only 29 minutes, but it was indeed a nap.
I kept firing out the books, one at a time stretching them out as long as humanly possible. I dug out the big guns half way in, new toy cars, I got another 30 minutes of calm after the storm. We paged through skymall a couple times, jumped on the extra empty seat in our row (a God sent) and another couple trips up and down the aisle this time a little socializing ensued.
I heard the captain announce the words I wanted to hear from the moment the portable gave out "one and a half hours until landing in Boston"; a huge sigh of relief, an end in sight. We sifting through pictures on my phone, another restroom visit (minus the rest) and the plane began it's decent. Preston, experiencing a plane ride for the 3rd time, instinctively started sucking his thumb. Yeah! No ear popping problems for him. We were last off the plane and I practically kissed the gate floor in celebration of our arrival.
I dread the return flight and I am very close to staying longer to avoid the inevitable ride home. Mum wants us to stay permanently or at least keep Preston around for sure. I will try to stay positive though, I already know what I got myself into hopefully Preston will dial it down, play a little longer and nap for an hour or so for Mommy's sanity sake.
No comments:
Post a Comment