Sunday, June 3, 2012

School is Done, Time for Fun!


I just finished my 8th year of teaching art. Let me sit back for a second and take that last sentence in. Wow, when did that happen? Time sure does fly. I find myself saying that a lot lately, is it my age, the climate I live in or maybe it's the fact that I now have a 17 month old that has been zapping every last bit of my energy at the end of the day. Carrying around a toddler 25 lbs and almost 32 inches long is a full on workout. I am not kidding you I find myself flushed with heat (in addition to the obscenely high temps we have been having) and perspiring when I have him in my arms for more than 20 minutes. I let him down to walk/run around when he starts getting antsy but then I am hunched over like Quasimodo following his every move to catch him if he has a misstep. I wouldn't change it for the world. Okay, now I am really sounding like an old parent.

I had to post this video of Preston playing with raisins.  His version of playing is carefully placing them in this little plastic baggie.  He had no clue I had my camera on him.  I noticed he was in full concentration and determination mode while making dinner the other night.  A little side note; take a gander at this child's bedhead.  I swear his hair has a mind of its own.   

Saturday turned out to be quite a busy day for me. I hosted a Silpada Jewelry Party yesterday. Definitely something that is normally out of my realm. A girlfriend at school hosted a party a month or so ago and I actually bought earrings. I don't think I have actually purchased earrings since my wedding when I couldn't let the lobes go bare for my big day. There were cute items for all styles and ages and she asked if I was interested in hosting my own party. Free jewelry was also a great incentive so, yesterday was the big day. My friends and I had a blast playing dress up and trying on all this "bling" that we wouldn't normally try on. It was loads of fun and I am not a big jewelry person but I understand the importance of accessorizing now. The show is still open until Monday so if you are an online shopper and want to check out Silpada for yourself or as a gift for someone go to SHOP SILPADA NOW and check it out. I know it says Shell Morgan all over everything she is my Silpada representative. Don't forget to select me as your hostess when purchasing though. Enjoy!

Finally, last night I ventured out and took Preston to the Yard House for our friend Matt's Birthday dinner. Most of my time consisted of me following Preston around outside as he acquainted himself with the new territory and checked out an escalator for the first time. He was amazed! The concept of people moving but their legs weren't took him to a new level of concentration. I could practically see his brain churning away at this quandary...Priceless. I got to inhale some delicious asada tacos and made a quick and early exit to get "little man" home at a decent hour for bed. I have to start looking into the idea of finding a reliable babysitter now that Preston is getting out of the baby stage. The idea does make me nervous because the only people that have watched Preston for us has been family or Tara (my maid of honor). Now the I have the summer to start looking maybe we can add "date night" back into our repertoire.

No comments: