Sunday, June 10, 2012

Almost forgot, Rob is old...er

Preston all combed over
Our first week of vacation has been very normal for once.  It is great waking up and being able to do fun things with both Rob and Preston.  We even ventured ourselves over to have Preston's pictures taken.  Our appointment was at 2pm but the photo shoot didn't get started until 250pm.  By then Preston was definitely on the downward curve of patience after waiting in the lobby for 45 minutes.  We actually got a couple of cute pictures thanks in part to the spray bottle I brought along with us. Yes, a little avant- garde but Winnie the Pooh, books and random nosies from the 20 something photographer were not making the magic happen.  I pulled out the water and spritzed Preston with it and he was off the races with smiles and laughter.   I knew that this wouldn't last long so I prayed that the young woman could snag some good shots in.  Preston was at the end of his little rope about 15 minutes into the process, I couldn't blame him.  No tears though!  Yeah!  He did really well under the delayed circumstances. 

Trying out the new ibert
Scratch that off my list of things to do.  I have a couple lunches with friends set up for next week.  I have our plane tickets set so we will be seeing New England once again for almost 2 weeks in July!  We need some Cape Cod time for sure.  We will see if Preston takes a liking to sand and salt water, I have a feeling he will.  I am looking forward to it and I can't wait to see as much family as I can.  Hint, Hint.  I feel a family gathering coming on...maybe Mamabear wouldn't mind having a BBQ like the good old days.  Mum are you ready?

Let's rewind a little...here is Rob and Preston using Rob's new birthday gift.  The iBert!  Preston is wearing his new "I love my brain" smiley face helmet too.  We all had a bike ride together the moment Rob assembled the new seat.  We had to stop a couple times for helmet adjustments but Preston was really interested with the newness of it all.  He wasn't crying out in fear but he wasn't smiling from ear to ear either.  Rob said with the next couple bike trips since then, he was more into it. 

Happy Birthday Rob...surprise, a cake!
Memorial Day was also Rob's birthday.  I know this was a couple weekends ago but I almost forgot to show you the other surprise I got Rob.  We had planned to go to the Hanson's BBQ and I convinced our friends to go pick a cake up for Rob, one of his favorites; ice cream cake. He was taken a little off guard when everyone piled out onto the patio area and started singing.  There was a moment in time when I thought he was going to hightail it right outta there.  Rob isn't one for big celebrations.  He was a good sport and quickly dug into the chocolate and vanilla crunchiness as soon as the candles were blown out.  Unfortunately, Rob had to work that night so quickly after the desserts were had we had to go.  It was a successful 39th birthday and he even said he had a great day before he went off to sleep.  Score!




Rob & Preston on Memorial Day/Birthday Day BBQ
Ahhh...my two favorite boys on the planet!  Rob is catching up on sleep today and our plans to go to the zoo have been postponed.  We have rescheduled it for another day when Rob has regenerated himself.  We even want to get out to the lake one day.  Summer Vacation!!!!


Scott & Daddy Steve overseeing the BBQ

No comments: