Thursday, May 24, 2012

Birthday Party Excitement


Getting the Party Started
We got the opportunity to attend another milestone, Evan's 4th Birthday!  I can only reminisce of the days when he was 5 months old and he accompanied his mother Lori to the rehearsal dinner for our wedding.  He was but a wee thing then, now a big boy enjoying his Max & Ruby 4th birthday party. 

Preston knew how to get the party started as soon as we arrived.  A little timid at first, coming off of nap and all, but once he got the lay of the land he was off and running.  He loved playing with the balloons and a tickling the ivories a little to charm the party goers.  I think this was one of his personal favorites.

Party Goer
The party hat was donned for a brief moment in time, enough to capture it on film; so to speak.  Apparently he liked it better when Mommy wore the Max & Ruby apparel herself, which is where it remained until the party's end. Preston got to eat cake, watch the big kids play on a huge bounce house and explore Evan's room. 
Evan is 4...yeah!










It was a highly successful party, great fun and we now realize that Preston likes pizza.  Of course loved the kiwi, raspberries and strawberries too; he was quick to open his mouth so I could pop another fruit in.  It was so cute watching him eat the small pieces of pizza I tore up.  The pizza didn't go to waste, that's for sure.  It was soon after we had cake and ice cream that we realized Mr. Preston was close to being partied out.  We took one more trip out to see if he would attempt the big bounce house and it was officially a "no go".  He was more interested in the pool and the gate surrounding it.  We might have a little fish on our hands?


It was great seeing the Gosar/Yakimovich clan again, always a pleasure celebrating with them. 

Sunday was a nice day of relaxation of sorts.  I even got to sneak away for a dine-in-movie with Kristene & Kelly.  I saw the Dark Shadows flick while getting served mixed fruit and raspberry lemonade.  Yes, a movie theater that has wait service.  Different but definitely an experience to say the least.  You could even order wine and beer...that will have to wait until my next movie outing. 



Yes, Preston does have his relaxing moments too.  After thousands of attempts getting up on the couch everyday one can grow weary of the task.  Here is our boy just taking a good old fashion rest for himself.  This may only lasted a fraction of a minute but apparently that was all this kid needed.  He continued playing with his party favor (the best ever) a big smiley balloon, then onto the froggy and maybe next the big white stuffed dog.  He has his favorites for bedtime but during regular play he isn't choosy. 

Days of Work Update: 4 days with students and 5 days for teachers.  The end is in sight.  I have LOTS of cleaning to do.  I am counting down practically ever hour I have left getting closer to good relaxation time with my family.

No comments: