Monday, June 18, 2012

And The Award Goes To...


Happy with bath time!
I spent almost twenty minutes leaning over and twisting my back into uncomfortable positions to play with Preston in the tub.  It's a picture like this that makes all of those thoughts get washed out with the bathwater...so to speak.  I will only remember looking at him, with his big smile full of teeth, blowing bubbles into his bath with that crazy long tube and getting soaked from his playful splashes.  I simply can't resist playing with his shampooed hair.  Spikes, horns or the slick-back gets me every time!  He definitely has my hair, even though Rob's mom cut it in April, the length of his hair is to the point of a trim again.  The blessing and curse of my thick dark hair, the growth is double what normal people have, yes; I am out of the ordinary for those who know me already can attest to this.  People have been known to rave about my hair but speak to my mother, it was tough as nails to keep any kind of hair clip or ponytail in it.  Even to this day every hair fastener I've tried falls out.  Enough about me...

Father's Day Dessert of Champions
Father's Day was a huge success.  Rob slept in, we took him to Chipotle (one of his favorite) for lunch and also purchased the 9th season of Family Guy on DVD.  He was a happy guy by the end of the day.  To top off the dessert portion of our pork loin dinner I made chocolate chip ice cream dishes, another successful Pinterest recipe found online.  You need to try this ASAP, they were super yummy.  Rob was satisfied and I am most certain he will be taking advantage of the fact that there are 3 leftover cups in the refrigerator. 


Superman aka Rob

Rob deserves those leftovers tonight!  Guess what this man does the day after Father's Day.  I think he was trying to win the award for BEST Father EVER!  Rob worked his regular night shift came home and he was ready to attack the dreaded shower fixture we have been unable to fix. After two estimates that were going to cost us over $600 Rob went and bought the necessary parts and was able to install it all himself for less than $200.  You gotta love this man! Amidst all these estimates Rob has been all pumped up about the chance to have a conversation with (and ask for an autograph this time) the incomparable Eddie Van Halen who was staying at his resort this weekend for a performance in Phoenix.   Apparently, Eddie "left the building" early this morning but the thrill of a guitar legend being so close was excitement enough. 

No comments: