Bottom-line a big part of my early childhood was surrounded by Mr. Jones and his bandmates Mike, Peter & Mickey. You can still find me rockin' out to Steppin' Stone, Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow) and other Monkee tunes on my iPod today. Too many fond memories to mention. Thanks Davy!
A desert, a married couple, two kids, their pets and the simple things that make us who we are.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Paying Homage to a Fallen Monkee
I must admit a part of me was saddened to hear the loss of Davy Jones today who died at 66 years young. My mind immediately escaped to the countless hours making/trading tapes (remember those things, otherwise known as cassettes) of Monkee mixes and compiling my collection of songs. I would be glued to endless re-runs of The Monkees variety show practically memorizing every episode. Finally, at risk of sounding like a total dork, my wonderful father stood in a 4 hour line with me at Boston's Faneuil Hall to get my copy of Davy Jones' biography signed. Of course, like many, I can thank him for giving me one of my first big pre adolescent TV crushes and how couldn't I? Look at him in his prime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment