Monday, February 27, 2012

Nature Knows No Pause in Progress

Peek A Boo
Words taken from a German poet...our boy Preston sure knows how to "face" his progression.  Mr. Adventure now hoists himself up into his bouncer and sticks his mug inside the leg holes.  He laughs hysterically if I sneak my head down to catch a glimpse of his eyes peeking through.  I had to capture this one for the books.  Even though we watch our little monkey climber like a hawk during these hiking episodes he manages to carefully plop himself inside the bouncer and even starts bouncing ALL on his own.  The things kids do these days...


To add to the excitement Preston is now feeding himself his own bottle.  He simply grabbed it from me the other day and didn't let go.  I was shocked because for almost 14 long months I have had to hold a bottle for this boy and now, along with walking, he is on his own! 



Holding my own

Finally Preston has been having interrupted sleep over the last 2 months.  A cold, travelling, walking milestones and teething have been the culprit for most of these wakeful nights.  We have nicknamed him "drool-bug" because he constantly picks things up to teeth on them and soaks his shirt in the process.  Every night during our brushing routine I check to see if anything has unearthed itself.  We are waiting patiently.  Our status is still 6 teeth and counting.

 This weekend I was up early to enjoy some time to myself before the baby woke.  I kept waiting for the whimpers or baby talk that I normally hear and it never came.  I walked into his room and found our little man still catching up on his Z's all curled up, legs crossed and rear WAY up in the air.  I even removed the covers to capture the moment.  Neither the removal of the covers, nor the obnoxious flash woke my little prince from his slumber.
If I could only get this kind of rest at night I wouldn't be looking at a zombie in the mirror each morning. 
Sleepy Boy
March is almost here.  Preston will be 14 months old in 2 days.  He continues to improve on his walking skills, even going as far as to holding my hand to walk outside on the grass.  He loves picking up the crunchy leaves on the ground and putting them up on the fire pit seat.  After he has a couple piled up, I blow them off and the process starts all over again.  It's amazing to see how much he has changed from last year.  It's truly a gift. 

No comments: