
Preston is preparing for his hoop dance competition. We ended up entering him in the 5 and under category. We figured now that he is taking his first steps he could handle it. NO! Wait that little guy isn't Preston. This sweet little contestant was standing in front of us practicing as we watched the 22nd Annual Hoop Dancing Contest last weekend at the
Heard Museum. It was a great experience and you can see the crowd and the beautiful day that allowed us to enjoy it.
The museum trip started the Valentine's fun for the week. Later on I received some beautiful roses, chocolates and bath extras for the special day. In addition to the lovely gifts I received the best gift from Preston. He started to take his first steps on his own! Several times that day. It was amazing! He is still hesitant but with each day he gets more and more use to the bipedal way of life. He has this big proud grin that is contagious and I am loving every moment of this milestone.
Preston loves his board books, pointing out things and smiling back at me. He loves turning the pages himself and even gets a little frustrated when I don't let him do so. Maybe we got a reader in the family. I have never been a huge reader, had my spurts but I wouldn't call myself avid. The same for Rob. When we had time, in pre-child days, you could occasionally catch us sitting silently together engrossed in a biography or fiction book. These days we have Naylor Nap Time. Preston may break this family trend, you never know.

Of course I had to make the photo session attempt this year commemorating V-day with Mr. Preston. This year was a far cry from the last when I simply laid him down on a blanket and started clicking away. I gave Preston on of my father's famous paper weights from his law office. He was excited about it for two seconds and then it was in his mouth. This is the ONLY photo I got him smiling and minus a red heart blocking his face. He has it in his little hands. He isn't really looking at me but that grin cracks me up! You can see those pearly whites and his hair almost needing a hair cut. All and all it was a fun 10 minute attempt to get a toddler to sit for a photo. We will see how next years turns out.

Finally, the other night I had some bathtub fun for myself by lathering up Preston's, now longer locks, and arranging them into an action do. He paid no mind and continued to enjoy his blocks in the soapy water. He loves puting them in the cup and then taking them back out again. He has a slight obsession with this behavior; even with the toys in his toy box and the items in his dresser. It is quite comical really. I am ready to enjoy the rest of my short work week. It was great eating lunch with some of my FAVORITE Hines' on Sunday! Thanks Steve, MaryBeth and Ed always a pleasure, Preston consumed most of my attention though I'm afraid.
No comments:
Post a Comment