| Preston & Winnie |
Preston is enjoying Winnie here even before a meal. He gets so excited, it is the cutest thing ever. You'd think we just gave him a hundred dollars or something. I can't quite recall who gave him "his lovey" but it ranks high on the important scale here at the Naylor house. This week was parent teacher conferences. I had to stay at my school until 8 o'clock at night on Tuesday. I saw a whopping ZERO parents. I think the only time I had multiple parents is the year I was pregnant with Preston, everyone wanted to stare at the pregnant art teacher apparently. I think I had 10 people, that year. NO! I am no getting pregnant again to drum up some business, are you kidding me?
We have been doing a lot of standing on our own lately. He will stand holding two objects in both hands. Sometimes he will be leaning his knees on part of an object but he stands briefly and then quickly drops to the floor. He is getting really sturdy on those big feet of his and even though we have only seen "assisted" step lately, I feel that it really could happen at any moment. I just hope I get to see it first.
I took it upon myself to make some cards for the thankless bus drivers that ship our students around daily. Apparently along with Arizona's centennial and Valentine's Day that threw in Bus Driver Appreciation Day to make a holiday bonanza! I drew out these little buses, copied them about 25 to a page and had each student from the class color and write their little name on them. We glued them on and BAM! clue little class card. This was the only class that almost all of them got their bus colored and glued on. Thought this one up in 10 minutes.
| Artwork, look sideways |
Preston is still very proud of the fact that he can start up on the walker whenever he can get his hands on it. For the last month or so he has been taking the multi-task option. He puts an object in each hand, makes his way over to the walker and starts driving with his wrist (hmmm, reminds me of someone who would drive with his knee). He actually can get around "wrist" steering until his hands get tiring from clenching and he just crumbles down to a crawl on the floor in frustration because he can't move as fast.
This is all quite comical to us, for the most part. I think he takes after both Rob and I trying to juggle a whole lot at one time. We are such the multi-tasking family. I guess it's in our genes. Preston is taking after Rob's appetite. The child will just eat until the cow's come home. He loves feeding himself and really doesn't refuse much at all. He is still working on chewing. No molars yet but he is good a grinding a little to mash up his food. Raviolis are his choice meal at the moment. He will gobble those up like they are going out of style.
| One handed driver |
We will attempting a Valentine's Day photo session with the little man this weekend! Stay tuned for pictures. It was so easy last year. I just laid him down during one of his sleepy times and put paper hearts by his head. Doing this with a toddler I know will be much more of a challenge. Wish me luck! Check out the blog from last Valentine's Day a year ago. Our First Valentine's Day. I was off work, taking care of a month and a half year old, that was the life! Ahhh, memories.
| Giving me that look even back then... |
No comments:
Post a Comment