Preston has been talking up a storm with some more Ba's, Da's and loads of pointing; attempting to put into words what he sees. We still have balloons still alive from his party so we constantly hear "ba, ba, ba" while pointing and smiling. He is good at waving at Daddy when he sees him put his work coat on, realizing this is what goes on right before Daddy makes his exit. Today Rob and I were relaxing with him after several tiring rounds of back and forth on his wooden walker; he is so proud of himself while he's on that thing. Preston turned to grab one of his favorites this week and we heard "Winna Da Pooh"! Both Rob and I jerked our smiling heads towards each other so fast to acknowledge what we both heard. Of course, Winnie the Pooh and the rest of us praised his efforts and gave him big hugs. I known it is a name I say at least 5-10 times a day to Preston whether it be singing the tune or when he points to it on his balloon. Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff... He's Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh willy nilly silly ole bear.
I know, it'll be stuck in my head for the rest of the week. I have also been fighting a slight case of laryngitis. Not the best thing to have when you need to teach 500 some odd kids. Someone even said I sounded like Demi Moore, one can only wish. It started after a little cold and congestion and it just springboard from there. I felt fine, a little cough & runny nose but my voice was taking the brunt of it all. The doctor said my traveling most likely irritated the congestion even more so I'm on antibiotics that will hopefully get me back on the verbal track. This was a little to no talking weekend.
I am looking at four day work week, took the most relaxing bath tonight and actually had a phone call with someone I've been out of touch with and my voice didn't "Demi"-itself by the end of the conversation. Success come in many sizes and shapes that's for sure.
Here are some New England birthday party shots courtesy of the proclaimed "baby whisperer" aka. MaryBeth Hines.
Preston loved his cake and all his girl cousins.
No comments:
Post a Comment