Friday, November 25, 2011

Gobble, Gooble, Yum, Yum


First Thanksgiving for Preston
Running around the house getting a bird in the oven before 9AM, making dessert and extra stuffing pretty much covered my hectic Thanksgiving morning.  I even got to watch a little of the Macy's Parade.  Once we could smell the scent of turkey we knew it was time to figure out the table situtation.  It was overcast and we had a slight, very slight chance of rain so we decided to go with plan A: Eating outside for dinner. We organized, mapped out and set the tables out to mentally picture everyone sitting down and enjoying their meal. 

Once Preston was down for his first nap it was our chance to get ready for our guests.  I even got to relax a little before the crowd arrived.  The bird was done earlier than expected.  After not ever cooking a turkey in over a decade I think I pulled it off nicely, if I do say so myself.  Rob got some suggestions from people at work, even making a homemade cranberry sauce recipe.  I was taking out the stuffing and just about to start the gravy when people started to arrive. 

The house felt so good with friends in it.  The sounds of all the people chatting and the smell of dishes heating up in the kitchen made all our efforts feel validated.  Thanksgiving is a lot of work but so worth it.  We even got a chance to get all of our offspring together in one picture.  Amazingly enough it worked and we were like paparazzi capturing the priceless moment.  It was a wonderful day and even the light spitting of rain didn't ruin it. 
 

The gang's all here! Preston, Ben, Lauren, Ellie and Myla
I ventured out and strayed from my mother's famous family tradition of apple pie from scratch and went with a mini version of the classic.  A cupcake pan and some pilsbury pie crust did the trick.  I got this one from a website off Pintrest www.littlebitfunky.com it was just as yummy as the original just in a smaller size.  I have extra apple mix I will be making more today.  YUM!



Mini Apple Pies
Thanksgiving Day is complete, a first for our new little Naylor Family.  After everything had settled and the house was almost back to normal Rob went out and experienced BLACK FRIDAY, he stood in line for 4 hours and got us a new flat screen T.V., for 60% off.  If this holiday couldn't get more exciting!  I love seeing all the leftovers in the fridge.  I am going to make some it last until Christmas at least that is my goal. 

To everyone that joined us, Thanks for making the first Thanksgiving in our new house memorable!  To All my family back home I hope that your Thanksgiving was just as wonderful as mine! 

1 comment:

anaxa said...

So important and necessary article contains the site, which I expected. Well done carry on.