Sunday, December 11, 2011

Double-Booked SaturDay

Our 11 month old
There comes a time when you have to sit back and understand that life passes way too quickly and that our little boy has grown up. He now stares back at his last month of baby-hood ready for the challenges of becoming a toddler.  Looking at all his old pictures, it only feels like yesterday.  So many events going on these days.

We have been preparing for his BIG FIRST BIRTHDAY!  We have picked out a theme and we are planning the menu for all the kids and adults.  He loves his Winnie the Pooh bear so the theme has been stuck in my head for awhile now.  After several Amazon & ebay searches I have found many party items.  The one things that stressed me was the 3D Winnie the Pooh cake pan.  $45!!?!!  It's not like I can reuse it.  After losing that battle I decided to go the easier/stress-less route of buying a bakery cake.  $21 sounds a lot more manageable (Nana knows best).


Excited for the tree!

Preston was so excited to see this large box out on the floor.  Yes, we are still sticking with the fake tree this year. I only planned to decorate half of it so Preston doesn't take down too many ornaments.  I think he may have thought it was a gift for him.  He was so excited to see the pre-lit tree up and sparkling at him.  His face lit up and he couldn't stop staring.  THE BEST MOMENT EVER!  Once Rob found the star tree topper we have been pointing and saying "star" over and over and he keeps pointing and smiling!  I LOVE IT!  I know the Christmas' will only get more exciting from here but these first moments are PRICELESS!  Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, Thy fake leaves are so unchanging. 

We had quite a busy day yesterday.  After a long 3 and half hour nap Preston and I were off to Lauren's 2nd birthday party.  Of course, I forgot my camera and was so busy with my little one that I could barely take my phone camera out for pictures of Lauren.  Most of the day for her was spent in the bounce house!  Preston wasn't really up for it.  Although, the birthday girl was quite taken with Mr. Preston, yet again.  I think he got about 20 kisses from her, she is so gentle with him too.  Someone has a girlfriend.  The Dora theme was adorable, decorated all over the house.  I couldn't resist wrapping her gift in Dora paper to match.  A little bouncy blow up toy with plastic balls to play in will definitely entertain her.  The chicken nuggets, marble/pudding birthday cake and maracas were the highlight for Mr. Preston.  We still have a maraca with us, as you can see, left over from the party. 

Even after a VERY long day still Mr. Smiley
The party was a blast!  The day didn't stop there.  We made the attempt to go meet up with The Sweet Family to experience a Phoenix rite of passage Zoolights.  I was prepared for the meltdown.  Yes, Preston had 3.5 hours of sleep but he was going straight from one event to another.  I was hoping for him to take a snooze in the car on the way which is exactly what happened he was out like a light.  Once we got there the getting out of the car was a 10 minute ordeal.  I had to get his warm gear on and all the extras.  The Mickey Mouse fleece, penguin hat & mittens, fleece blanket, little play hammer, the "new maraca toy" and his food.  I had the Moby on in case he got tired of the stroller (which he did), my puffy jacket and scarf was on and we were finally on the way to the line to get in.  It was only 10 people deep so I thought it would be quick.  NO!  There was a group of  6 teens that wanted to all pay separately with a debit card.  Preston was getting antsy luckily, that maraca came out and he was back to content.  We were in!  the group was hungry so we stopped to grab a bite to eat, I gave Preston his dinner.  He was so excited, he could barely sit down I basically fed him while he was kneeling in his stroller looking around at the action. The lights were fantastic!  Preston was pointing and smiling through most of it.  He didn't get upset once, he was enjoy every minute.  I guess we will be visiting the Zoo again next year. 

After about an hour the place started to get packed.  We had seen it all and we were on the way out.  The line outside was 10 times as long as when I first got there.  To top it all off it wasn't that cold out either.  I would say it had to be the warmest night we've had in the last week.  So WE MADE IT!  Attending a party then another evening outing, Preston survived and did SO well!  I was so happy!  I didn't even mind he started to cry in the car on the way home when he maraca fell down the side of the seat and he couldn't reach it, otherwise he was happy as clam.  Phew...

No comments: