Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Birthday Isn't Just Another Day

Feeling a little apprehensive about my new age bracket i wasn't sure how the day would unfold. Waking up was slightly more difficult knowing that I could no long check 25-34 on a survey box and I was fourteen years passed legal drinking age. As I say more and more often now Where Is This Time Going?

Although time seems to zoom by I am loving the moments that make me smile long and wide. Preston's big two toothed grin, Rob's beautiful birthday flowers and of course watching my almost 9 month old bring himself to standing position. Some of the smallest moments in life but they're the ones that bring me the most joy.

To top off a great day opening cards, gifts and eating a "chocolate blast" birthday cake for dessert I am sitting on the couch watch Rob play with Preston before he has to go to a day training, hence the real reason I took off work although it feels like an extension of my birthday. In addition to that the kids and teachers were all notified via intercom yesterday morning that it was my birthday so I got loads of wishes and hugs to make the day more interesting. You are correct, that isn't the normal protocol on announcements but it did put another big smile on my face.

It's almost time for a Preston nap and some home pedicure time for mommy. That is if I don't veg on the couch for too long watching home improvement shows. I looking forward to my Birthday dinner with my girls at Ajo Al's! Yum!

No comments: