Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Let the Tooth Be Told...

There is something there...trust me

Preston has entered the dental world officially with his first tooth making an appearance this past Sunday. Poor kid was suffering the last two nights before trying to sleep through the pain.  Come the end of the weekend I stuck my finger in there and "wallah" a little white protuberance was shining up at me.  It almost felt like I was seeing a speck of gold for the first time, I wanted a second look immediately and I just couldn't get my eyes off of it.  My little boy is growing up.  
Preston playing with Lauren


Of course, my internal time capsule wanted to document the moment with some quick photos.  This is the best we could get, most of them were fuzzy or blurry which is to be expected. There will be many more of these but my boy was sweet to let his mommy try to capture her discovery. 

The weekend before we went over to visit with the Mester Family.  Baby Ben was home from the hospital and big sister Lauren was very excited to see Preston.  Preston loved being shown how to play with the toys.  He also LOVED the doggies.  He was laughing and pointing at them almost the entire time.  They were locked away from us but Preston always gave them a smile and laugh to let them know he was thinking about them.     We are 80% settled into the new place.  I am still doing address changes, going through boxes and discarding things.  Our guest room is a conglomerate of living spaces, part computer room, part treadmill and finally part library.  We need some book shelves in a bad way.  Everything will get done in due time.  I still get excited driving up to our garage, opening it up to see what Rob has done to it next.  We are SO excited to do what we want to the house and make it our own.  Preston is loving his new room and space to play in the living room.  He will be mobile any day now, Rob will be on the run as soon as Preston decides to crawl (no more inch worm).

School is going well.  There are a lot of new kids this year and many who have remained.  I still get a little confused when I see them in the next grade up.  I still think of the 1st grades as 1st graders not 2nd graders.  I'm constantly referring to my schedule to make sure who I have.  My brain reverts back to last year and I have to retrain it, I am getting old...it's blatantly obvious.  My next order of business is to update those pictures on Flickr.  He will be 8 months old in less than a week.  I have fallen miserably behind but with good
reason of course.  
Loving his new house

No comments: