Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gnaw on This!

Raggedy Andy is lending his services to Mr. P's daily teething ritual. I can actually see a two bump formation in Preston's gums. Those teeth won't be in hiding for much longer. I feel like he's been teething for 3 months at least, poor little guy. Preston is making his way through all his milestones. He is waving, clapping, babbling and hovering. He "hovers" on his hands and knees making all efforts to move forward but ends up scooting himself backwards. He is a constant source if entertainment and I can't wait to get my hands on him after work.

I finally came to the end of my summer vacation and started my 8th year of teaching. I'm floored that that much time has transpired since I first stepped foot in my art room. So much has gone on at the "Weed" I could fill volumes with inspiring teaching moments, off the wall kid comments and art projects that failed miserably. It's a new year for new beginnings and my first full year as a working mom.
The summers end was bittersweet, I must admit. Although, I really enjoy the first days of school seeing how much the students have grown up and changed, it's hard to get back into the swing if things. The weekend has almost arrived and I've survived. Let the relaxing begin.

No comments: