Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Eighteen Pounds, What Do You Get?



First Bite of Green Beans
  Another day older and heavier yet...
Someone Likes Green Beans










One small step for baby, one giant leap towards being a big boy.  Preston happily ate green beans the other day.  He contemplated the taste for just a brief moment which quickly led to eating the entire contents of his serving.  Mommy couldn't be more proud.  Daddy wanted him to start with green beans because he has a bias against peas when they stand alone, I don't blame him.  This child was so proud of himself, plus I was cheering him on during the entire meal.  Immediately afterwards he went right back to his regular rice cereal with little reservation.  I hesitated to give him the entire portion that he had previously been eating.  I thought he'd get full. I was mistaken, he ate every last bit of it the next night.  I shifted to visions of Rob and Preston eating me out of house and home.  Rob's appetite never ceases to amaze me, I don't know where is all goes in one sitting. There is a good chance Preston will follow in his daddy's footsteps.

The appraisal on the house is complete and it looks like it will only be week or so that we will be closing on the new house! I was up almost all night, lying there thinking of everything that hasn't been done yet and picturing myself getting everything finished.  My mind kept running on and on...I practically had to force myself to sleep.  Preston then decided to wake up early after I got only 3 hours of sleep.  Strangely enough I woke up refreshed and ready to start the day, go figure.

Shots plus weigh-in equals ready for a nap
We had Preston's 6 month check up right after the 4th of July.  He is 18 lbs 8oz and getting longer by the second (26.5 inches).  9-12 month clothes are just about the right size giving him room he needs to grow.  I placed him in the computer chair after I brought him home from his appointment.  You can see his little band-aids on his legs.  The oral shot, one in each leg, poking, prodding; this child had enough and wanted to go back to bed.  I seconded his motion and retreated to my soft and warm pillow soon after Preston was out.

I have 4 and a half more weeks of summer vacation left.  Our impending move will rush those weeks quickly out the door and I will be looking at my classroom again for "teacher week" to begin.  Off to another playdate today, looking forward to some nice time with Peggy, Patti & little Elizabeth.  Check off another day towards getting into the new house.     



No comments: