Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sneak in a Wink

The last four nights have been a little rough for myself and Mr. Manchu. He has been following me into Preston's room the last couple nights trying to get him to fall asleep. Tonight was yet another evening where Preston goes to bed early, gets 45 minutes to a hour of sleep then is up for another 3 hours. This time I tried keeping him in the darkness of his room, still "shhhhing" my way through each calming attempt. Sometimes he would need a burp, other times a diaper change. I succumb to the "tried and true" method of rocking. At 19 or more pounds now it is getting more difficult to pull off the "old reliable". Preston is practically half my size in length. It's been challenging but I am listening to silence; therefore I must be doing something right for him.

Rob and I have been busy with new house developments. On Tuesday we got the call that all our painstaking paperwork efforts pulled through, our loan was all approved and moving towards the signing stage. Wednesday we had our final walk through before closing. With a measuring tape in hand we walked around mentally moving our things into place, counting the missing appliances and making a "To Do" list for before we move in. Finally on Thursday we got a call to come in and sign the mounds of paperwork and exchange the amount owed for closing. THIS IS IT! We are just about there. I got an email today from a variation of title, lender and realtor individuals which summed up the intent to officiate the close of sale on Monday. With any luck on we will be retrieving the keys to our new home...finally!!!

Time to retreat to bed. This is our last weekend in the rental and 48 hours before our new life begins in OUR NEW HOME.

No comments: