| Preston is glad to be home! |
| Grampie & Preston chillin at the Cape |
We were on the go pretty much the entire trip. The wedding, Cape Cod and visiting with family and friends took up a bulk of our time. Preston travelled an hour and a half to Mattapoisett for the wedding and 2 hours to the Cape. He never had a long drive before in the car, I'm not including his 4 1/2 hour flight into town either. Looking back on it all he covered a lot of ground for a 5 month old. The Cape was not cooperative in terms of the weather though but we got to see the house, hit some local favorites and I promised Preston I would get let him take a dip in the Atlantic next summer. There is a picture of my father and his "loophole" boat that I love to look at every time I visit the beach house. I had to share it with Preston during our 3 day stay.
| Big baby in a little tub |
Preston had a couple baths back in Andover. I see those rings again, can't get enough of them. He was kicking up a storm at the tail end of this cleaning, we could barely squeeze his long legs in there. We had to make him smell good for his flight home to see Daddy.
Our trip was coming quickly to a close; you may recall the offer we put on a house back in May. Driving home from the Cape, slightly disappointed by the the gloomy weather I got a call from our realtor. It's official: OUR OFFER WAS ACCEPTED! We have an inspection this week and soon after that we will be moving into our NEW HOME! Preston and I arrived home to 60% of our stuff packed up. All the art is off the walls, boxes are stacked up almost to the ceiling in the spare bedroom and it's clear that Rob is ready for this move. Daddy was sure missing us around the house and found something to keep him occupied. We have been doing paperwork, faxing, signing and dozens of emails but it looks like we are close to closing on this deal. The Naylor's will be on the move soon!
Today Preston has been catching up on lots of missed sleep during his travels. He decided not to nap yesterday so when it came to bedtime he basically collasped in exhaustion. Nine hours later he woke up and then quickly returned to his slumber for another 3 hours. He has kindly allowed me some time with another long nap to type this out and give you the good news. Not to mention Daddy watched the baby while Mommy snuck out early to catch a movie. I haven't been to the theatre in over a year it seems. It was worth every penny to sit in a practically empty air conditioned theatre, eat junior mints before noon and kick my feet up all reclined watching a flick.
No comments:
Post a Comment