Preston has been enjoying his world wind tour of New England. On Saturday we went to Mattapoisett, MA for my cousin Josh's wedding. Preston got to meet a whole bunch of new people there and experienced the excitement of his first family wedding. Graciously, the new Mr. & Mrs. Maguire made Preston an honorary ring bearer (too little to walk down the aisle)...too adorable! It was a super fun wedding and I managed to move to the music a little without much knee pain, although I think I will need a couple more days to heal.
 |
| Ring of fun |
I was amazed at how well my little man was behaving, I expected him to be completely out of sorts towards the end of the evening yet he seemed to be lovin' every minute of it. All until I went to feed him privately in this nursing center at the reception. During the feeding my feminine pinkie was out while I fixed my dress on top and...POP my finger went straight into his eye! He cried loud and hard...it broke my heart. I immediately picked him up, comforted him and found a mirror to look at (one of his favorites). In the mirror I noticed a small red dot on the white of his left eye. My first thought went to the extreme; great, I blinded my baby. That idea quickly departed once I saw Preston laughing and playing with his reflection in the mirror. Still, I was somewhat convinced that I impaired his vision. My inner opthamologist inside me came out and I found myself conducting an eye exam on the spot. Bottom line, he did have some redness for the next couple days and it didn't completely leave his left eye until today. Insert the sigh of relief here.
Once we returned home from the wedding I dumped out the old colorful rings my mother had been saving over the last 30 years in hopes her grandchild could play with them one day. That day had finally arrived. Look how happy he is! He really loved them! It fills me with joy that my son can enjoy toys that I once embraced as a child. Oh, that circle of life gets me every time.
 |
| No beach day for Preston |
Finally to mix things up even more for this kid my mother and I decided to take him on yet another excursion. Tuesday afternoon we were off! To escape to the Cape. The weather forecast didn't look promising but we were staying positive. Unfortunately, Tuesday was the only good day and Preston was SO wiped out from the weekend activities, visits with friends and a 2 hour drive he was done. He hit the hay for 4 hours! I don't blame him but he missed his only opportunity to put his toes in the sand. Wednesday and Thursday were a bust yet I was determined to show him the Atlantic! I wheeled him down to the edge of the steps so he could take in the ocean breeze. It was too chilly and wet to take him any closer, we will have to try again another summer.
We don't have any other commitments until our flight leaves on Sunday so we will have some good old fashion relaxation for the remainder of our time in New England. I don't think Preston will ever forget this visit, I know I won't that's for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment