Friday, May 13, 2011

Bright Eyed & Bushy Tailed


4 months & 3 weeks
Friday couldn't come any faster this week. It's been go, go, go trying to get ourselves to the end of this school year.  The kids at school are getting restless, which can't be helped at this point you just had to press forward. 

Every day when I get home there is something new to look forward to with Preston.  He is pretty consistently rolling over and even is attempting the back to belly roll...he gets frustrated because he just can't quite get past his arm.  It will be some day soon that he will roll over using those big leg he has.  His big bright eyes stare up at me and quickly a big smile surfaces on his face it just takes my breath away sometimes.  He is enjoying tummy time more and more. Nana got him an entertaining play mat which he loves.  Mirrors are his new thing.  I can get him to laugh out loud when we look at our reflection together. I can't get enough of my sweet boy.

Two weeks ago Nana came to visit.  It was a great week that went too quick but she got to have fun with the baby and see how big Preston was.  We even got a  doctor's visit in, come to find out he is 16 lbs and 2oz.  His head is almost 18 inches around.  25.5 inches long.  This kid knows how to grow!  We all had bets going on what his weight would be.  Nana I both over bid.  He passed his well check with flying colors, in addition to being a good boy during his shots. Couldn't ask for a better doctors visit.

Nana with her 16 lb grandson, Preston
He has been eating more at every sitting which I'm sure will aid in his growth over the next couple months.  Nana noticed that he was crying after his bottle while I was at work.  Preston is now eating 6oz almost every feeding.  He is more content and enjoys a good solid nap midday.  Rob appreciates the nap.  It gives him some time to relax.  There are days when Preston doesn't get a nap in or isn't down very long.  I think he appreciates it even more when I get home and take over so he can catch some shuteye.  

I will be taking over duties full time when work ends for the summer break which is now 8 days away! I have an art field trip on Wednesday to the Phoenix Art Museum.  It will be a great trip with 5th & 3rd graders the most well behaved out of the school.  The students last day is May 25th and then we have a teachers work day on Thursday and then "that's all she wrote."


2nd Annual Art Walk...prizes being awarded

Finally I wanted to highlight my Art Walk from the week my mother came to visit.  This is the second year we held the Art Walk showcasing all the student artwork.  The kids & parents come, walk around and checkout the art, fill out a scavenger hunt, eat a cookie and can stay for a drawing for prizes based on who turned in the scavenger hunt.  It was a good turn out, the kids loved seeing Preston and I at the front when they walked in.  Preston attended that art show and one two nights before held by the school district...he was SO well behaved.  I am one lucky mommy. 

It will be a relaxing weekend.  I will be making my travel plans for back home in June for my cousin Josh's wedding and for some New England visiting, including the Cape.  I can't wait to see all my cousins & their kids get to meet Preston.  Lots of pictures will be taken that day for sure.  He will also be meeting his Uncle Jon for the first time as well. Very Exciting!

No comments: