Saturday, April 16, 2011

Preston's Personal Milestones

First Easter Card
Preston received his first ever Easter card in the mail yesterday along with some great gifts to play with (Thanks Nana).  I also couldn't resist getting him into his mother's recent purchase of an alumni onesie.  This just after her alma mater announced their new Pitchfork News.  I will still and always love the maroon and gold Sparky symbol of my era at Arizona State University.

Preston is fast asleep in my lap after several attempts to get him to nap without success.  He has been waking up at 3a.m. the last two mornings recently, a trend I hope he will remedy tonight.  He is eating about 5 ounces at every feeding but I guess that isn't enough for him to carry himself through a night of sleep.  I have gotten the advice of rice cereal from co-workers but haven't attempted it yet.  I will see how this week goes for Preston and make a decision next week on the suggestion.  


Mommy's Little Sun Devil Fan

The countdown to summer break is at five weeks and 3 days.  We just found out that our school is losing grade level positions.  Luckily we have teachers retiring and staying home with kids so no one is losing a job but some need to change grade levels.  So far, my art teaching position has not been affected in anyway but the district is maximizing classroom sizes and cutting where they feel they can cut the budget.  It is a severely tough time for educators right now, as well as, government workers.  The state is cutting everywhere to help with the deficit.  They are taking moneys from our retirement to offset the debt.  I am optimistic though, I still have a position doing the job I love.  I can't complain.  My take home will be less next school year but at least I will have a take home and a home to take it to. 
 
First things first, I have a little boy to put down for a nap, dinner to start and an art commission to work on.  Yes, I have been asked to create a black and white photo rendering of an image and I'm getting paid!  Score!  I've got to start somewhere right, maybe selling my artwork is next...who knows?

No comments: