Saturday, March 5, 2011

Last Week with Mommy

Preston and I had our official last week together. He is now 2 months 1 week old. We had his 2nd month doctors appointment. Rob and I took him in Wednesday. He is now 12lbs 5oz and is 23.5 inches long. I have him in a 3 month outfit right now and it's tight on the legs and toes.

We had to experience Preston receiving his immunizations, that was very tough. The oral medication went ok. Then she gave him a shot in his left leg my brave boy cried for a couple seconds and was ok. Then the right side...the woman said it would sting and not a moment after Preston got stuck he let out this big wail, his little face was all red; that was the tough part. He did well after I got him in my arms though.

After we got home Preston slept hard and just as Rob was leaving for work he awoke with a big wail again yet this time it didn't stop for almost 2 hours. I put warm compresses on his legs for a while but he kept up his tears. I threw in the towel and just let him cry it out on my shoulder and he slept there for practically the entire night. I did get him down in his bed eventually and he gave me four and a half hours of solid sleep which apparently we all needed.

It was a day to remember. The next day became memorable as well. We got Preston sleeping in his big crib. He has been taking naps off and on; last night he slept in it for the entire evening (not straight through the night). I also put on the sleep ware he wore the day we left the hospital. It's SO TIGHT and it barely snaps on! My boy is getting so big. He is almost twice the weight he was when we left the hospital I shouldn't be so surprised...but I am.

I am having some PC trouble so I will be posting via mobile device until I get things straightened out. I have to consult my computer savvy friends to fix the glitch, hopefully it just temporary.


This picture pretty much spells out my Saturday night was like. Watching Preston doze off into dreamland. I am excited to see Steve, Marybeth, Liz & Mary tomorrow! They arrived safely. I love having family out here to visit with. Unfortunately, it is during my first week back to work but nonetheless it will be great to visit and introduce them to Preston.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: