Tuesday, March 8, 2011

First Week Back

Tomorrow is hump day. It must be said it is my favorite day which reminds me of the fact that I will be on Spring Break soon. A couple months on maternity leave most definitely was not enough time to spend with this little guy. His face just make my heart sing!

After I survive this 5 day work week I get rewarded with another "vacation from work". The first couple days were tough. I didn't even get to the first street light on the way to work Monday before I burst into tears. It was my mistake at lunch to call home. As soon as I heard Preston cry in the background I lost it a second time. Finally, upon returning home for the day as soon as I saw him look up at me and smile I cried; this time tears of joy. The second day I kept my composure, stared at his picture all day long and joyfully drove home to find him happily in his Daddy's arms.

Unfortunately I will soon be facing a 9 week solid stretch of work after Spring Break. It will be a challenge to say the least but I know the time will pass quickly. I can't believe Preston is 2 months and almost 3 weeks old today. Where did that time go?...I remember waddling around the school building complaining that the kid inside was kicking and moving too much. Now I have these feet on the outside. Rob lovingly refers to them as "monkey feet". Look at those toes. It appears to me that he may have the dexterity that I have; to pick things up with those little digits. We will have to see what happens with that...

Preston was up ready to party last night and I got 2 hours of sleep barely. Today Rob took him out in the stroller, we all napped for 3 hours after dinner. Thankfully Preston is now sleeping in his big boy crib tonight. Rob has two days off in a row and it seems that I may get some shut eye this evening (knock on wood).

Happy Hump Day to All!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: