Friday, February 4, 2011

Weighing In

Preston's 1 month appointment was the highlight of the week.  He has grown 2 inches in length which explains why it is getting harder and harder for me to put his legs in some of his sleepwear.  I was curious the night before we saw the doctor on how much he weighed.  I held him in my arms and stepped on a scale, then jumped on without him and there was about a 10 pound difference.  I didn't think that was right, could he have gained 2 lbs since his last visit?  Preston is 9lbs 15oz which puts him in the 50th percentile...whatever that means, never a fan of percents.  He is lifting his head and turning it from side to side, just seems like yesterday he wasn't even able to do that.  He impressed the doctor on Thursday with his abilities which made his mommy proud.

Earlier in the week Rob and I gave Preston a bath, an experience that gets better each time.  He even stopped crying halfway through it and liked when daddy poured warm water on him to rinse off.  Tuesday I went and visited some of my WDEA people at an executive board meeting.  They loved meeting Preston and it was great to see everyone.  I plan on attending my school's carnival with Preston later on in the month.  I am still hesitant on bringing him into school.  I'm going to err on the side of caution when it comes to exposing him to a smorgasbord of germs (aka school).  I know my teacher friends and students would love to see him sooner but they will have to wait for the carnival.

Rob's Mom is coming in a week from Tuesday for a visit!  I know she is anxious to see her grandson.  Grandma is going to get a great arm workout lifting the ever growing boy.  I know my lower back can speak on that fact.  I have to rock him in my arms after feeding to get him to doze off before I put him down for bed.  While I am holding him I am doing lunges, deep knee bends and stretching my quads to relieve the stress on my back; curse my short stature and short waist.  Thankfully, if Rob is still up, he gives me a quick lumbar massage which makes a world of difference. 

Looks like time for another feeding and hopefully gearing up for a great night of heavy sleeping.

No comments: