Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Lobster? In a bar?

Last weekend I went out for a delicious birthday dinner in honor of my friend Jen and then drinks afterwards at a Chandler bar.  I hadn't been out in a while, I was excited to hang with friends and enjoy the b-day celebrations.  I walk into this bar and see this! The Love Maine Lobster Claw? 
I was shocked!  I still claim my New England roots, raised in Mass. for 18 years and I've come across many a lobster tank but nothing like this one.  By any stretch of the imagination I was not expecting to walk in and see one at the bar in Arizona?! 

This is one of those slightly pitiful, money sucking grabber games that you frequently find in an arcade, a Denny's or even those large chain supermarkets.  I have seen pretty much every silly, useless toy known to man in one of these plastic containers but not real live lobsters?!?

The picture still leaves me with disturbed and confused notions.  What was this Chandler bar thinking?  What was their rationale?  Was their any general consensus or discussion before the decision was made?  To be a fly on the wall that day...I tell you.  I believe some explanation is in order here.  Is this a new landlocked state desert mentality? ☻

No comments: