Saturday, March 27, 2010

Motherly Visits & Art Shows

Mom's visit was great!  Half way through my spring break she came out to hang with us in the desert.  We went to the Phoenix Art Museum, dined at BLT Steak, Maggiano's & Brio.  I also cooked a homecooked meal from the Naylor kitchen for her to enjoy one night.  Rob & I drove her out to see Bartlett Lake on the weekend.  Before she left for the east coast I convinced her to visit my school and see me teach some of my classes. It was a super visit and I am glad Mum made it out.  It's always sad seeing Mum leave the desert though. 

Here is Mum hanging out in downtown Phoenix after our art musuem experience.  We also got to eat lunch at Arcadia Farms that is now a restaurant within the museum...super yummy.
The last night we went to BLT Steak at the Camelback Resort.  Here are Rob & I enjoying the new landscape that was part of the renovations they made a year and a half ago.  During the wedding planning we had made a call over to the Camelback as a possible wedding location but they were under construction.  They made some beautiful changes. 

The week Mum left I had my first annual art show at school.  I have always wanted to put on an event for parents to come out and see their kids' artwork in the same arena as if their work was up for a real exhibition.  The district puts on art show but I am only allowed to put 10 pieces up from our school.  This year I had about 200 pieces up for people to come see and enjoy.  Thursday night was the big night.  I was expecting a small turn out, nothing like what I got.  We calculated 400 people came!


Here are Horizon drawings done by my Kindergarten and first graders, the cafeteria table lay out and the woman the helped me put on the event, Marci from our PTA.  She was truly my savior during this whole art show event.  A lot of the credit goes out to her...she helped me with everything. 

This weekend was relaxation & TLC from all previous ongoings.  This evening I will be enjoying a night out with Rob at Abuelos for our friend Jen.  Yet another blows out the candles on their 30th birthday cake.  They are dropping like flies...where does all the time go?  I am looking at my 3rd 3-0.  I still relish in the fact that my students still think I am in my 20th...bless their hearts.

My final note is that I have been voted in to make my first appearance at the National Education Association Convention.  I am very excited because this year the conference is held in New Orleans, LA.  I will be off to the NEA Assembly the first of July and get a chance to enjoy Independence Day "big easy" style.  To say the least I am ecstatic!  Wish me luck ☺!

No comments: