The first week back to school was like a nice long deep breathe....namaste. The first couple days of seeing kids was pretty mello then the moonset or position on Thursday must have created a cosmic wave and the behavior of the kids went wild! Either that or they put something in the water. Monday back today was fairly mellow. I am back to teaching after school academy again. My class was tiny today, 3 absent so we had a very small reading lesson. Tomorrow is a long night with a WDEA Executive Board Meeting. It sounds fancier than it is. I get to be madame secretary and type all the lovely notes down from the meeting. I am just hoping that we get out before 6:30pm. The meeting tends to overshoot the finality of the timeline, I have to make efforts to enourage ending on time tomorrow. We do get some yummy food that night in addition to the meeting though ☻. Speaking of food....
Rob and I went to downtown Phoenix to celebrate dual birthdays (Mondo and Jennica) at the Old Spaghetti Factory. A large Italian family joint converted from an old hotel it looks, resides next to the new light rail. The rustic resturant had a home feel spread over a large space. Most of the birthday celebrating crowd used the new light rail. Phoenix has entered the age of commuter transportation. The light rail is a new option for the people of the Valley. They are even working to get the light rail to get people to just outside the airport to limit congestion at Sky Harbor.Rob and I took the Prius and practically coasted our way down to Central Ave, not far from the Phoenix Art Museum. The dinner was good and the bread was spectacular. Rob and I filled up on bread, a no no but it was soft, tasty and too yummy to turn away. My two meatball plate accompanied bread, salad, drink and spumoni. Rob let me have one of his spinach pasta pieces. Good bang for the buck for sure! Fun Times!
There are very few things in this life that are free. I, for one, after 14 years being a Phoenician still enjoy the sunsets here. I almost missed it on Thursday! The sun sets earlier now so I had to go out and snag what little the sky had to offer. It was overcast this day so it was hard to get a good sunset picture. There was a beautiful scattering of clouds overhead. It kept changing with every second. It was pretty incredible once again giving me reason to go out and takes these pictures. I take them with my regular digital camera or my blackberry phone camera, which does have its moments of capturing a good shot or two. It sure beats snow squalls, zero visability and dark dreary cold evenings. Even on an overcast day, it is nice out here. ☼
No comments:
Post a Comment