Rob and I were moving things around on Saturday and we discovered some of Rob's old photos. This was a halloween costume from back in '98 when he first came out to Arizona.
My husband is a riot!
The other item I stumbled upon was a little black book. Well not exactly...it wasn't full of numbers but it was a little black book entitled A Man's Guide to Being a Woman's Best Friend. I was taken aback. Rob has been carefully following some adorable how-to-book on how to befriend a woman. As I paged through the short; to the point sentences and phrases I realized that he still applies these methods today with me. For example: Have her car washed and filled with gas over the weekend, Help her clean the house, Help her feel secure, Sometimes hold her face in your hands when you kiss her mouth gently and Tell her to be safe as you kiss her goodbye in the morning...the list goes on.
I believe he was slightly embarassed about the book after I mentioned the fact that I was aware of it's existence. I thought it was the cutest thing ever! Rob is a great guy and to think that he has held on to this book and applied it to his life is simply adorable and it makes me love the man even more, if that's possible. Just thought I would share my findings of 2010.
My other endevour is photography this year. I plan on taking a sunset picture once a week for the year 2010. I was going to do a sunset picture every day but I realized I wouldn't be able to keep up on a daily sunset photo oppurtunity. So....here is week one. I get lost in the sunsets out here! There are very view places in the world you can get a gorgeous sunset practically every night out of the year. New Englanders, the desert is beckoning, it was 75 ° in my car after work today ☺, had to rub that in a smidgen.
Finally, my first day back to work after a well deserved 2 week vacation I happily take each year. The kids were pretty out of it, tired and shell shocked (a little) coming to the realization that they are back in school. I was at about the same level. I do miss those kids faces and stories they share with me. The day to day interactions and conversations that I have with these students could fill volumes in a library a hundred times over. I can't help but smile each day with them and I am happy to be teaching such good kids. I'm one of the lucky ones that, hands down, loves their job! How did I get so darn lucky?


No comments:
Post a Comment