Monday morning Rob and I set our alarm early to get to our shuttle for an on time departure from the Westin Keirland. With two stops in Sedona for a photo op and some food we were up at the Grand Canyon by noon time. We had a highly knowledgeable tour guide that showered us with facts about Arizona's history. He was a retired school teacher who practically verbalized the Discovery and the History channel combine for both legs of the road trip. It was hard to ignore his outpouring of facts and attention to detail...I was completely impressed. I still want to bring him to school for show and tell.
I am going to share some photos with you that highlight our trip but there were over 100 pictures taken on my camera so I am probably going upload them to a link for any of you that want to see all 100. I believe two are video elements but if you are not liking heights... I wouldn't check the videos out. I am sure you are all itching to see them. Since I have a the remainder of the week off for fall break I most likely will be able to get them up. My first priority is Vicki's wedding video I took. I want to make a mini wedding video for her with my clips.
Can you spot me in the crowd at this lookout point? The NEW sky walk platform is on the North Rim and we ONLY visited the South Rim. These little landings for venturesome visitors were the next best thing to the sky walk.
The trip to the Grand Canyon astounded us and broadened our awareness of the power of nature. You have to get out and walk the viewpoints and make sure you visit more than one; with each viewpoint you get an idea of how magnificent the Grand Canyon really is. You will make a big mistake on your visit if you only grab a small glimpse. We even climbed this tower at one of the last viewpoints. The tower was created back in the 1930's and still remains today, it did leave us with that leaning tower of Pisa affect.
No comments:
Post a Comment