Friday, July 17, 2009

Wigwam Getaway

Practically the entire week I was enjoying the comforts of the Wigwam Resort in Litchfield, AZ. The Arizona Education Association held their annual Summer Leadership Conference there, which officially began my role as the WDEA Secretary for next school year.

Tuesday and Wednesday my time was spent in a workshop learning secretarial ropes of a new position, applying Publisher techniques to a newsletter and diving into a variety of online networking options. I have to say I absorbed quite a bit of information, hopefully I will get to apply it all this year.

Thursday was double duty day, Day, my threshold was pushed from 8 am to 7 pm! Luckily the night was topped off with Pasta Milano from, Rob and I's wedding rehearsal dinner favorite, Macaroni Grill. I collapsed into my nightly accommodations at the Wigwam for only one of the 3 full days at the resort.

Friday consisted of the WDEA site reps visiting us at the Wigwam for some summer training. We got to eat at the Grill restaurant on site for lunch, no complaints, good eats. With everything finished I was driving home by 5 pm.

It is great to see the boys and have the comforts of home around me again. I anticipate the moment to see Rob after he gets off from a late night at work. Yes, I missed my husband even after one evening away, happily guilty as charged. Time to enjoy the weekend!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: