Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Art Field Trip


This year I took some of my best students to the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art . Tuesday marked the 4th annual trip. We have been to PHX ART, ASU ART, the HEARD and now SMOCA. I love seeing art museums with kids who have never been. Most of my kids have little to no art exposure. After the docent tours we went out to the OLD TOWN SCOTTSDALE park and ate our lunch across from the famous LOVE sculpture by Robert Indiana. His work is known world wide and has been termed sculptural poems. The kids were great, the trip was fun and exciting! We even got over to the library right behind the performance theater. I was pleased with the entire day! Even the 103 degree heat we hit at the end of the day.
I realized that my pictures were being saved on a different file on my camera. This revelation came after I recalled playing around with it about 2 weeks ago. I checked it today and miraculously the pictures appeared. Orla and her family had a great last minute dinner for Easter. It was all the dinner fixings of a Thanksgiving feast! Oh, just thinking about it all make my mouth water and I am not even hungry. In fact, I should be trying to fall asleep. I have 9 more minutes to finish my post. Jeff and Orla got out a bean bag toss game that Rob got into after the filling meal. It was a great time, thanks to Orla and her family. I knew I took pictures and I was confused when I didn't find them on the camera after that weekend. Well, you learn something new everyday. Tomorrow is Thursday, my last day of work this week. I will be at the Arizona Education Association Assembly in Mesa for Friday and Saturday.

No comments: