A desert, a married couple, two kids, their pets and the simple things that make us who we are.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Mum is in the Desert
Mum arrived safely on Monday afternoon. Rob and I picked her up at the airport and took her to the hotel. We had dropped off Ruger at the vet and needed to come by and pick him up after (story for another day). Mom got settled in the hotel and after we took Ruger home, got him settled we were back up visiting with Mum at JW Marriott. Would you believe they have free beverages (mixed drinks)for their guests? I tried to get Mum to have a margarita on the rocks...yet to no avail. We ended up eating dinner at The Keg, a steakhouse...yummie! I was stuffed. Last night we went to Maggiano's and Italian Restaurant. Both nights mouth watering food and we totally over indulged. It's so worth it! Mum got to meet the newest addition to the canine family Buddy.
I think Mum is warming up to dogs...she really likes Buddy. Rob had to work early this morning...he was up at 4:30 am! Yikes! I tried to sleep in for the most part. I will be joining Mum over at the hotel for breakfast this morning. Tonight is the Ladies Night Dinner hosted by your truly. Some of my girlfriends are coming over to welcome my Mum back here to the desert. I am very excited for it because I am hoping that this will be the last ladies night I host at the Kelton Lane location. We are house hunting still and maybe the next hosting event will be at the new house...once we find it. Mum and I will be poolside for the beginning of the day, preparing dinner by late afternoon and hosting dinner for the girls by evening. I will attempt to document the remainder of our events this week. Happy Post St. Patty's day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment